Wednesday 4 November 2015

Celebrating The Incredible Life Of Late Deaconess Florence Iyabode Ogunrotimi. By Felix N.Jarikre

Mr.Rotimi Ayo Ogunrotimi giving a eulogy of her mother.




Of Late Deaconess Florence Iyabode Ogunrotimi, it can truly be said: “Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?”
Mr.Rotimi Ayo Ogunrotimi at the interment.

When Pastor Bolaji Olukotun of Manna Prayer Mountain, Lagos invited me to attend the burial ceremony of the woman, I accepted out of simple courtesy. But at the end of the whole ceremony, I was glad I attended. Her inspiring story was that of a woman of substance and influence who did not live for herself alone, but spent her life empowering others who were less fortunate than herself.

At the Thanksgiving Service: From Left:Pastor Bolaji Olukotun.


According to her only son, Mr. Rotimi Ayo Ogunrotimi: “The place where you are born does not determine where you die. My mother came to his world over 70 years ago, and she did not look at the circumstances of her life. She rose from humble beginnings. From a top Guinness beer distributor who won many sterling awards to a real estate tycoon, she was determined not to live an ordinary life. Your life has no meaning if it is not expressed through giving. She certainly exemplified that.
Invited Guests at Sheba Event Centre having refreshment.


“On my mother’s birthday January 6, 2015, she wrote of herself, concerning her charity foundation : ‘I was not born with a silver spoon, but I received help and training from many and today I am a fulfilled person. Though we are not there yet, we can see light at the end of the tunnel. Join me and be a blessing for you are blessed by the Almighty God to be a blessing!’
“I salute her courage. We, the children, will stand on her vision to continue to press for the realization of her dream. The FIJOO Memorial Foundation has now been raised to honour her and her late husband, Mr. Joseph Oludare Ogunrotimi, our father.”

No comments:

Post a Comment